View unanswered posts | View active topics All times are UTC - 6 hours
Board index » Eternal Evolution Forums » General Discussion

MJavert
Knight
<Eternal Evolution>

Post subject: Guild Transfer Date set for April 22, 2013
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:46 pm 
Hello folks!

Our attendance woes have not improved and with continued absences we feel that it is necessary to take a few steps in order to ensure the long term survival of our guild. With all that in mind, we have decided to transfer the guild to Stormrage effective April 22, 2013. This date is 2 weeks in the future. If you have any concerns, please share them with us as soon as possible. Please be specific. We felt it necessary to set a formal date because we've been dancing around with this conversation for some time and the solid deadline is important to further the conversation.

We value each and every one of you as members and have no desire to alienate or marginalize anyone, please feel free to bring your concerns to light. Either post your discussion here in this forum post or feel free to contact us in game.

Thanks!
MJ

Druidias
Knight
<Eternal Evolution>

Post subject: Re: Guild Transfer Date set for April 22, 2013
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:58 pm 
Guild Transfer Services FAQ
Character Transfer FAQ
Server: Stormrage US

Ahku

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:45 pm 
Since, for those of us with deep roots and multiple characters, it will be extremely problematic and expensive to switch (if not impossible for an ideal relocation), I want to know more of how this will change or improve things. The grass may always seem greener elsewhere, but what exactly is the game plan once we would theoretically get there? I don't want to entertain this idea simply based on assumptions. For this reason, I am going to ask some hard questions, but please do not take personal offense. That is not my intention.

-Are we leaving mostly, in the short term, to get trade PUGs on the off night we may need one or more?
-How will moving change the fact that we have an inconsistent schedule, when keystone players in irreplaceable roles many times are the ones causing it?
-How are we going to increase numbers through recruitment when we haven't tried that on QD since Drae left?
-Are those disenfranchised and not doing any gear improving diligence outside of raids going to start?
-Are we sure this server is the best fit?
-Is the plan to go back to 25 mans?
-How many are definitely switching?

For the sake of experimentation, since Princi has a level 90 monk there, we could in theory still PUG from that realm trade channel through Real ID grouping (we did it with Tely in December). Just invite Princi's monk via that avenue, give him invite rights, invite PUGs from Stormrage's trade, switch back to Princi, and then raid.

Another potential negative, once we are there, we may get the reputation of a new and undergeared guild limiting quality recruits in the short term. A more prudent approach could be to max out LFR gear for all, become more adept at current content with a strong 10 still on QD, then switch with intention of returning to 25. We don't even have Terrace unlocked which is likely laughable over there. I fear we may get there, hit roadblocks after large expense as a whole, and be worse off from our lack of connections.

Honestly, with the expense it would take, I am only about 30% in favor of a switch at this point. I am just not sold on an improvement without more details. I have not stated these things to seem harsh, but at this point, I foresee our same deficiencies simply following us there with less dollars in our pocket.

Zamm
Treasurer
<Eternal Evolution>

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:19 pm 
Good points ahku, I want to raid and raid with EE but there are key issues that I don't see a server transfer fixing.

Our schedule is all over the place at the moment, raids start anywhere from 7.30 to 9.30 server, and one of the reasons I have not been as good at turning up is the knowledge that there is always a good chance that the raid will be cancelled because a key member is missing.

Another frustration is that people don't seem to be making as big an effort as others in gearing up. I know that RNG can be annoying, LFR is full of scrubs and dailies are boring, but for the dailies doing them once a week would have gotten revered in all of them by now.

And how realistic is it to expect that a server transfer will fix everything? We have been together 5 or more years, peoples lives have changed, marriages, kids, graduations etc, we all different RL commitments from the TBC days.

The recruitment on QD is a big point, I know it is a dying server but are there really no players available?

And, who exactly is going, I suspect most of us want to raid with EE but we have contacts here were EE to fail. On a new server we are simply a brand new faceless player with no pedigree.

Druidias
Knight
<Eternal Evolution>

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 pm 

Years ago, the image below was our problem. I'm not debating the good points made above, but just consider that here is what we wish back and what a bigger server seems the easiest route to.. Will the transfer work? I dunno, though I suggest most tough/deadlock problem solving involves breaking out to see.

Principeza
Knight
<Eternal Evolution>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:29 am 
Great discussion guys. I'm glad to see the points being made. I agree that a server transfer is not going to solve all of our problems. I don't really have a direction with this post, but let's summarize what the issues seem to be:

1) Our schedule is inconsistent.
- I think we all agree this is a problem. We're forced to do this to keep raiding on QD with our current roster.
- What will solve this? Recruiting (see below) or pugging or changing or schedule.
- Can we change the schedule? MJ is late Tuesday and Thursday, Timmy can't raid Thursday, anyone else have time constraints? Can we move our Thursday raid to Friday or Sunday?

2) Recruitment on QD sucks.
- Contrary to popular opinion, we have tried recruitment. We've had a couple people join that are now gone.
- I think QD is pretty much dried up. One of the issues is that there are several 10man guilds all struggling with attendance, but none of them willing to join together and fix the problem.
- Many guilds have left the server, so yes quality recruits are dwindling.

3) Imbalance of effort
- I think this has always been the case for our guild, we tend to be casual and as such, we have never demanded people have all valor gear before raiding, etc. I don't know if I call this a problem or just a fact of life for the nature of our guild and how it has been.

4) How many people would definitely transfer? How many won't?
- I wish we could get solid numbers on this, but people are either non-committal or are just ignoring the issue or just not saying.

5) Will a server transfer fix our issues?
- Bottom line: no. However, hopefully a server transfer will give us the opportunity to fix our issues. We have to fix our issues as a team. We have to decide what direction we want to go. We have to go have some ice cream. Wait, scratch that last one.

So in summary, a server transfer will NOT magically fix our problems. We, as a team and a group of online friends, have to fix our problems. However, I believe a server transfer gives us a tool to aid us in trying to fix our problems. And yes, I HATE the idea of paying extra money to play a game I'm already paying a monthly fee to play. Plus, I'll be paying for 3 character transfers, 2 of mine and one of Rhoti's. I really wish Blizzard would fix this issue themselves, but they seem to refuse to do it while people are willing to pay money to change some ones to zeros and zeros to ones. >.<

MJavert
Knight
<Eternal Evolution>

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:08 pm 
LAST CALL, ANY OBJECTIONS PLEASE NOTE THEM NOW IN PERSON WITH A GUILD OFFICER. WE ARE SCHEDULED FOR THE FINAL XFER ON MONDAY 4/22. FOR ANY OF YOU THAT FEEL LEFT BEHIND, WE DO APOLOGIZE, BUT WE MUST KEEP THE LONG TERM INTERESTS OF THE GUILD IN MIND WHEN CONSIDERING SUCH DRAMATIC MOVES.

THANKS
MJAVERT

Ahku

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:06 pm 
What time of day Monday is this to go down?

If I finally decide to go, Zamm, Keebs, and I need to agree on how much gold we can piggyback through the gbank. I also may need some gbank space for craftables. DO any of you have the ability to carry some gold for us as well?

Zamm
Treasurer
<Eternal Evolution>

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:25 am 
What time is MJ transferring the guild? I'd like to piggy back some gold over if possible.

Although I am tempted to move zamm to my bank guild, pay the $35 and then rejoin EE on the new server.

Principeza
Knight
<Eternal Evolution>

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:21 am 
If you can afford the extra ten bucks to do that, I'd recommend that. If not, I will have a little space on my bank alt I'll be moving over as well.

Zamm
Treasurer
<Eternal Evolution>

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:51 pm 
bloody hell 900 people in the queue

Vaenlian

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:39 pm 
XD. Why am i not in the chart!

Druidias
Knight